Here are the kids during a spontaneous photo session by Yours Truly. To see some REAL photography of some REALLY gorgeous kids (yes, I'm bragging...who cares?!) visit this site: www.tiltphotography.com/blog and scroll down to the January 20th entry. My dear friend, Amy The Artiste, took some great images during an impromptu session with some of our fellow, former, fabulous roommates at her new, beautiful studio. It was so much fun.
The photo above was after one of the first snowfalls of the season. Dave and the kids built a snowman in the backyard. Unfortunately, it was cruelly beheaded by the warm sun a couple of days later. Cameron still talks about it.
Have any of you moms out there joined the sacred ranks of Mother of a Wrestler? Sam, as shown above in his cool singlet (Yes, that tight thing that wrestlers wear is called a singlet. Who knew?), had his second season in wrestling and he was awesome. It's traumatic for mothers, though. I honestly don't breathe for the 1 1/2 minutes he's out there on that mat. My favorite moment was when he received an award for being the "Hardest Worker" on his team. What could be better than that?
Vanessa had her Christmas dance production, where she danced a tap performance to "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth." It brought back lots of memories of my dancing days, and, of course, I got a little emotional watching my sweet girl onstage. She's a good dancer and really puts a lot of expression into her performances. Although getting to wear make-up was oh, so fabulous, Dahling, she was most excited about the bouquet of flowers that her Daddy gave to her that night.
Here is our tough guy, Cameron, sporting a sword (his accessory of choice) and some funky hair. Even though he had R.S.V. and pneumonia earlier this month, he's feeling great now. I'M feeling great after our appointment with the cardiologist this morning, who told us that the E.K.G. and chest x-ray show that, although his valve is leaking and his pulmonary arteries are pretty narrow, nothing has changed since the last appointment. He's tolerating everything really well. Yeah! He's such a fun boy and loves to quote "The Backyardigans." He also tells lies to try to impress Sam and 'Nessa's friends, like the time he told a girl in our carpool, "We watched Ironman and it was scary!" Okay, SO not true. We have never--I double-checked with Dave on this--shown our kids Ironman, and most likely won't until they are 13 or so. Nice try, Cameron!
As for me, I'm practicing my brave face as Dave has begun traveling again for work. The past two, travel-free months were HEAVEN, though. My pregnancy is going well and I'm finally, at 27 weeks, really beginning to feel like the nausea is pretty much gone! However, I do need to face reality and send something of a belated Christmas card out to all of our friends and family. Yes, I'm a slacker. It will have to probably have be a "Happy President's Day" card, or maybe, a "Best Wishes on Purim" card. So what if we're not Jewish?
But, perhaps my favorite moment of these past few weeks since my last post was going to the Draper Temple Open House as a family. It was wondeful to be there, and although the kids had previously been WAY more excited for the bus ride to the temple that getting to go into the temple itself (they carpool to school), they loved it. The spirit was strong and it was a greatly-needed reminder of the sacredness, beauty, and power of the house of the Lord. I, like many, count the day I was sealed to my best friend as the most significant moment of my life; being reminded of that day just makes everything seem a little sweeter.


.jpg)

.jpg)
14 comments:
Oh Deb...once again you remind me of all the wonderful things each day brings...and how counting each blessing is truly the way to live...thank you!
Miche
Deb! Your kids pictures are sooo awesome! Wish I were closer and we could get together and play!
Deb, Your kids are beautiful! I love all the pictures on your blog and noticed them on Amy's site. I'm glad you're doing well and surviving pregnancy. You have your hands full, but I can tell you have fun. Go give Natalie and the new baby a big hug for me, and I sure wish I could see you all soon.
So, just the other day Isaac saw Robert Downey Jr. in the newspaper and told his Grandma..."that's Ironman." What? Why does my 5 year old know this? I "double checked" with Cody who also assured me Isaac has not watched this show...although may have caught a few glimpses whilst Cody watched. What's a mother to do?
Glad you're feeling good...I can't believe you are already 27 weeks! He'll be here before you know it.
Your kids are so cute! I love the ones taken by your friend. I cannot believe how big they are getting. Tell them to stop growing :)
Hey Deb!! How are you. I can't tell you enough how bummed I was that I didn't get to see everyone this summer. We will be driving through Utah on our way out. I'm not exactly sure of the dates we will be passing through, but I will keep you posted. I'm not sure who all is in Utah now, but I'm sure we can do something. Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope everything continues to go smoothly. Your kids are adorable by the way!
Deb, I have missed you! It is so great to hear from you. I am so glad to hear that Cameron is doing ok (yeay for being sick!) and that he is still the same from his last cardio visit.
I am still sad that I won't get to see you and your beautiful belly in Las Vegas. I miss you!
Keep writting as much as you can! I love to see what you guys are up to!
Such an adorable family! I know that brave face, Deb. You do it well :)
Love the Purim Day card idea! hehehe
You have such adorable kids. I'm glad for the update and to hear that things are going well.
Deb I love your pictures. They truly tell a thousand words. It is a tribute to you and Dave that your children always have a smile on their faces. Let the boys know that Marvel does have more child rated videos of Iron-Man. In-fact I have the Next Advengers DVD I will bring over, hopefully it will give you a little break (well before they think they are superheros). Love you and thanks for all that you are- Jen
Glad you all are well for the moment. We need to get together soon! We want to come down for the Draper open house. . . and maybe party it up with you?! Hope you are feelin' okay!
I love the pictures!! Deb, you are such a amazing person. I feel so greatful that you are my friend.
Hi! I miss you! I hope you are doing well! And that you have a fun week!
Hi Deb, of course I remember you and your great kids. Thanks for your kind comments. I am on quite the rollercoaster ride and can't wait to get off-it's just going to take a while! Give Vanessa and Sam a hug for me. Good to hear your son is doing fine, and good luck with the next little Goodman. You have a great family. Love, Kris
Post a Comment