Last night was very difficult for me as I contemplated this morning's ultrasound with the perinatalogist. Although the likelihood was slim, I'd been worried that this little one might have problems similar to Cameron's and the stress of it all was really getting to me. I had even been dreaming that the baby had a cleft palate (don't we just torture ourselves sometimes?!). My best friend/boy friend/gorgeous husband was, as always, right there, helping me through it all. Let me tell you, no one makes me laugh the way he does. When he was showing me his dry, ashy, wintertime legs last night, I told him they looked grey in color. (He still has gorgeous legs, by the way...really, we should be living in Arizona so he can wear shorts all year round. They're amazing.) He said, "I know! They look like E.T. did after he got sick!" So, I lost it after that and laughed until I cried (which, actually, because I'm a McClure and we are genetically incapable of laughing without crying, this isn't too hard to do, but still. I laughed A LOT.) As you can see from the recent pictures below, after 9 1/2 years of marriage, he's still able to make me smile even through the challenges of life.
(Here is Handyman Dave, showing off the beautiful, brand-new kitchen faucet that he installed all by himself!)
Anyway, back to the ultrasound this morning. I am so very thrilled to report that our sweet, little baby
BOY is HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess it's protocol for us to have the cardiologist do an echocardiogram in the next couple of weeks just to make sure that everything is okay, but the perinatalogist said today that the echo (an ultrasound of the heart) would just be the "frosting" to make sure; he doesn't see ANYTHING of concern. No heart problems, no cleft palate (I can stop freaking out about that, too), just a beautiful baby. We are so very happy and thankful!
And now, the contents of my uterus, in all of his glory:
.jpg)
P.S. Any ideas on boy names??? Boy names are so very hard!
17 comments:
Congrats on the excellent news!
Have a Merry Christmas!
I am so happy for you! Congrats on your baby boy!
Congrats! My sister-in-law keeps adding boys to her family too. I have always loved the name Christopher!
CONGRATULATIONS! I actually tried to call you last night and got your machine. This is a wonderful Christmas present. I wanted to name my last two Andrew if they were boys. I also have always liked the name Noah. Anyway, we are thrilled for you guys!
Congratulations! His little profile is so cute! Names are hard! good luck!
I'm SO happy to hear you got your early Christmas present (healthy baby news!!!). I'm sure your kids are thrilled for a new baby brother! YEAH!!!
Congratulations! Glad to hear all is going well.
Congrats, Deb and Dave!! I'm sure Vanessa is a little disappointed, though. . . but just a little. . . :0)
OK I should have read your blog before talking to you last night. I totally understand your fears- don't worry after being down the road you have been down you have every right to wonder. So glad you have someone who can make you laugh through it all. That is priceless. Even more happy that all is well. You will continue to be in my prayers- love Jen
I am so so happy for you Deborah! Boys are hard to name, but oh so fun! Sounds like you are going for our same numbers, three boys, one girl...how does Vanessa feel about this?
Congratulations! Love ya!
I have been waiting to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing!!! We are so happy! Look at me crying! That is so awesome!!!!
I don't even know what to say!! Keep us posted and write a little more often!! (0:
A boy name: We had one, I like the name Jacob. Boy names were hard for us, too.
Merry Christmas Goodmans! You deserve a little sweet present this Christmas season!
We love you guys and I miss you, Deb! Email me!
Congratulations! It's always such a relief to see that baby in black and white and to know that the baby is perfectly fine. I'm so glad for you. Good luck on the name--I have no advice--I'm terrible with naming!
OK...can I just say that was so torture...waiting to hear the results until the end...but I must say...I felt a surge of tingles through my face when I finally saw the great news!!! And man did you make me laugh...with tears...when you talked about Dave's legs...I had to read it outloud to Mike...he got a chuckle too!
Congratulations!!! And I love the names Asher....Benson...Sawyer...OK...wait a minute...I just realized not only are you announcing the baby is healthy...it's a BOY!!! Man I'm a space case! So happy for you!!!
Yea! Your boys are cute boys, so you can do that again, but the girls are feeling really bad for Vanessa! She'll have to come live at our house! =) Allie says she's feeling bad for Vanessa. We'd better get him a boy cousin--oh ya, we just do girls! =)
A healthy baby boy!! Yeah!! Congratulations. I am so glad to hear that all is well. Thanks for keeping us in the know. Have a great Christmas!!
Congrats on the great news. It can be more than one can handle at times awaiting the outcome of tests and such. As far as boy names you could always go with Atticus.......or Xavier. Those are Toms favorite names. hahaha
Is your middle name Lucille? That's so cute!
Post a Comment