.jpg)
Maybe there are some of you out there who don't know that we found out in July that our littlest boy is going to be okay for now, that we can hold off on another pulmonary valve replacement surgery for perhaps up to five more years. I can't tell you how that makes me feel. It's been three and a half years since we were told that the baby I'd been carrying for 20 weeks had a rare, complex heart defect. It's so rare that Primary Children's Medical Center, which services seven states, only sees one of these kids a year. There is so much I could tell you about those moments and weeks and months, prenatally and since he was born, that we've felt sorrow, dread, fear, and a loss of hope. Sometimes, through the surgeries, hospital stays, intubations, medications, and breathing treatments, I didn't think I could take it. But, we have managed somehow and Cameron is two years old, loves learning and discovering, and looks and acts (well, except for the chronic yappy-dog cough and his long, bumpy scar) completely normal. We are so blessed to have him. We are so blessed to have Sam and Vanessa. And, we are so blessed that we have hope for the future!
13 comments:
I love it, I love it, I looove it!!
that is so good to hear for cameron! I'm sorry we didnt get to chat more at soccer, maybe we'll play sam's team soon. Welcome to the blog world!
I came across your blog and I am glad you are blogging. I will now have someone else to read about! I didn't know about your baby but I am so glad that you get another few years free from surgeries. Thanks for being so friendly with me! Glad you are our neighbor.
This is such wonderful news. I guess prayers really are answered. I continue to pray for him everyday. He is my hero. And so are you.
YEAH for blogging! Tell Dave I will still read his blog too :) I miss you guys! I am sorry that I didn't call you back last night. We had no coverage on our cell phones. I will try and call later tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah for you...your blog is fabulous! What good news about Cameron! You've always been so kind and inspired me by your example. Come see me soon...just 15days left :)
Cheers!
OK Deb, you know how I feel about you. You are one amazing person and someone I admire VERY much. Thanks for the blog link. I'm so excited to have another way to keep in touch. Thanks again for the dinner idea today! Jen
Yeah Deb!!! I am so excited you have a blog! And I am so excited about Cameron!
We love you so much!
Yea for Cameron! What a relief for you! Prayin' away!
I am so glad to hear the news . . . and what amazing news it is!! I am really enjoying the new blog of yours, especially the name. For some reason it reminds me a bit of the infamous "pooh treats" of college days past. Don't ask why. I'm glad to know your doing well. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me.
Glad to hear your little boy is ding great (for now). I can only imagine how scary that would be.
Hey Deb, Dave directed me here from his blog! I love that the both of you have blogs! I'm SO happy to hear that Cameron is out of the woods for a long period of time, that's such great news! Let's have an NS reunion soon at Little Italy!
Post a Comment